Pages

Friday, August 29, 2014

Random Dinner Conversation

Last night at dinner, as we were eating our sloppy joes, we had some interesting conversation.  Here is one of the highlights:

Belle:  I can imagine Dad walking around cleaning the house if he was a ghost.
Caroline: Yeah, Daddy has a ghost!
Belle: [singing] Daddy has a ghost! Daddy has a ghost!
Three Oldest Girls:  [singing along] Daddy has a ghost! Daddy has a ghost!
Baby:  [dances in her high chair]

Sometimes I'd like to prescribe to the adage "Children should be seen and not heard" but then I'd miss little gems like that.

Also, so many conversations with our kids somehow end up going to the subject of poop. My wife or I nip it in the bud, but inevitably, that's what it comes back around to. Or a child burps and they all laugh and we chastise.

It's a real treat sometimes sharing a table with children.

An idyllic dinner moment at Caroline's birthday a couple of years ago.



1 comment: